A review of Transmetropolitan and thoughts

 Transmetropolitan

I came upon the book by accident at the library on a off day when I had sometime. I heard about it from the word of mouth of a YouTube personality. I knew nothing about the book or the main character that the series is based on. I just had a passing interest to see something about the book. I grabbed the only copy there. A graphic novel with a collection of three issues some where in the middle of the series I believe.

I spiked my interest for the ex-stream weirdness and strange honesty of the book so I wanted to go to the beginning hence the reason I picked up Transmetropolitan: back on the streets.

Summery:

Spider Jerusalem once one-time infamous journalist that retired at the height of his career, bought a house in the mountains and disappeared from the public view for five years until his publisher called him back from his isolated paradise away from other humans to collect on two book deals he got paid an advance for. He's out of cash and can only write in the place he hates the most.


The city.


Off he goes to return to the city and the one place he can write. Back on the streets of the city.

What can I say of this twisted dystopian mix of junk yard angry depressing political future. It has it's brilliance mixed with that type of sardonic humor that gets me laughing a little and thinking.

Truth and Free-speech

I thought a lot about Truth when I read through this book more then the former graphic novel I started out with series. Truth and Free-speech can be a powerful weapon against ignorance and powerful men. The one great equalizer for the common man with laptop and a sharp unedited opinion. A hammer to smash people out of their pretty fantasies that make them ignore the suffering around them or wake them to the fact they are in fact are joining hand in hand in that violence in justice by silence or ignorance of the people around you.

 This was the first time time I wanted to punch myself for my own ignorance in how much I don't know about world or take those first steps in to telling the truth about the world around me to those that are blind to it and don't care about the lies you're being fed daily on the dying medium of television and the by gone era of the twentieth century narrative news-casting.

I don't know. I'm just tired of being silent and keeping my own thoughts to myself.

Senerely,

GuardianDogg

Comments