The Rise of Lord Omar Prologue



Graduation
Omar’s graduation was uneventful for him because his lady fair wasn’t around. He stood alone as supposed he would spend most of his life among a sea of faces and mortal families and youths graduating from law school. He had graduated top ten of his class with a law degree under one arm and job he was to take under the other.
None of it mattered. He was alone. She wouldn’t or couldn’t come to his graduation. He sat under a willow tree not knowing what he would do with his life but feeling that present darkness riding him at his back whispering to him sweet nothings.  
“Are you Lord Omar?” A male voice asked him.
Omar looked up with a frown. His hand automatically reached for his cane that was in fact a hidden sword at his side. He saw a man dressed as a ups deliver coming up to him with a pack.
“Just Omar will do!”
The man nodded and then handed him a signing form. Omar took the pen but signed a different name on it with his other hand. He knew enough about magic spells not to sign his name to anything like fool. He had several enemies and one friend in the world. 
The man took the form and then gave him the package. Omar watched the man walk away with a frown on his face but quickly looked down and opened the package. Inside were flowers and a envelop. Omar sat down putting the flowers aside and opening the envelop. 
Omar opened the envelop to find a letter in the hand writing of his betrothed. His Lady Kenzy.
Omar,
I’m sorry I couldn’t see you on your special day but I  hope you know and trust you are ever in my heart and thoughts. I think of you always. I’m proud of you. I wish I could be strong like you and rebuff my father and tradition but I can’t. 
Even though I can barely remember the old world. I still feel burdened to live by it’s traditions and ways. Home. Roots. Family. I know. I’m still weak and young but I will find the strength and control needed to become worthy of being the lady at your side. Don’t give up on me. As sure as I know we will meet again I know you will find your people and place in this new world. I live to see the day we are united together forever.  Please, wait for me. 
Forever, Yours,
Kenzy
Omar tucked the letter back in the envelope neatly and put it in his pocket. He looked down at the flowers and smiled. “One day, Lady Kenzy.”

Comments